January just flashed by. I'm not sure what happened in that month, all I know is that it went by. But yes, a few things did happen to note. So here goes January, I'll even see if i can throw in a few pictures or something to liven things up.
Well I got settled in Charlottesville. Oliver and I have a nice little pad, a small nook to hold our goods. It is nice, close to the airport and anything else that we may need. For the 1st week I was living out of my suitcase and sleeping in a sleeping bag on an air mattress. It was not bad...no, it was bad. But my dad and brother came to the rescue with my car and all my stuff. And dang! I have a lot of stuff. It filled my room and then some. Goodwill here I come! But I was able to find places for most of it and made my room livable.
Well the next item of business was to go skiing. I spose I am fortunate because near Charlottesville I have 2 resorts, Massanutten and Wintergreen. I chose to go to Wintergreen because it is slightly larger and has more vertical, a whopping 1000 feet! But thats not bad for central Virginia. So I made my way up. After a nice day of skiing I decided to talk to the ski school director, Tom, about the ski school and what I could do to possibly join the team, maybe next year or something. Well I gave him the down low on my past teaching job I had at Park City and the things I have done. Well I guess I have an irresistable image because he offered me a job on the spot and asked when I could start! So the next Saturday I was up at the area, teaching and doing my thing. Its great, a little extra cash and I can still enjoy the job that I love so much. Its great!
So things are going well here in Charlottesville. My next item to do is possibly find my own place, but I think I will wait till summer so I can get situated, save some cash, tie up a few loose ends in my life, and see how the job treats me. But hey!, things are looking good and life is good. So onward I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment