It was a cold day, a rainy day, but a wonderful day. Amy and I spent the day as good old tourists. We saw all the sights and did as many tours as we could in one day. It was a lot of fun. I would not trade that day for anything.
But it was time to head back to good old Charlottesville. And like I said before, my car was gone! Vanished with all my stuff inside, my computer, skis, ipod, clothes, everything. And of course I had no insurance to pay, I canceled my full coverage when I moved to Virginia. What more could go wrong?
Well the cops from the Arlington Police department called me, they got my phone number by calling the hotel that we stayed the other night. Good detective work if you ask me. They told me to meet them in the front of the mall, a policeman in a marked car would come and meet us. I saw the policeman, I told him who I was and he pointed to lights, police lights about a block away. So Amy and I took the journey to the police lights. The crazyness just kept adding up, the entire road was blocked off!! Closed down. And yes, the sad reason was my poor Jeep, that great vehicle that greets you when you open my blog, was badly hurt.
So I was left in the middle of a big city, no car, no justice. Dang thats not a good feeling.
Well the cops were nice enough to at least give us our suitcases back, but the rest of the stuff they had to hold for evidence. So Amy and I both were able to take our first ride in a cop car, to the airport so we could rent a car and get home. We finally made it back, and oh what a story we had to tell. It still gets me how crazy it all was. But now I have a new car, the fine Jeep Liberty you can see below, and I really like it. But it will never replace the green Jeep, my first Jeep, a Jeep that made a lot of stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment