Rule of thumb: Movies are a bunch of crap.
Rule of thumb: Getting the girl is much harder than you may think.
Rule of thumb: Don't bother with taken girls.
Yes, all lessons learned the hard way. And they all relate. I met the girl, she was great. We were great. Conversation was easy, fun was never hard to find, and laughs came by the handful. We were perfect friends. Never before had I been so comfortable with a girl. Needless to say, life was good.
So why am I complaining? This girl was not available. She had a boyfriend, yes, a boyfriend. Yes, even a boyfriend of two years. Geez!! Granted he was living far away in a different state. So in my petty mind he really wasn't there. So I was there and it would be no problem to take over.
Boy this sounds dumb writing it.
And yes, things were going well. We would talk about everything, including her boy problems. Dang it, I was so much better for her. :)
Well, it didn't work. The movies are a bunch of crap. The girl doesn’t just fall in love and leave everything. No, she doesn't go to him, realize what she is doing, and run back to my arms. No, the girl just doesn’t do that.
So, I invest so much, fall so much and the grand reward...nothing but some fun times. Don't worry; I’m not regretting the fun times. I’m not a revengeful person; after all, i did consent knowing what the situation was. My only problem... I was wishing for the perfect ending. It's just not there. Oh well.
So, right now I'm just sitting here a bit stunned, listening to Jimmy Eat World, with the lyric "you rip my heart right out" ringing in my brain. That’s just perfect for me right now. Looking back in amazement I wonder what happened. Seriously it was so fast. So onward and upward i guess. Better luck next time I tell myself.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment