Sunday, October 14, 2007

Am I there yet?

Well its been a long and windy, up and down, twisting and turning type of road but I think I have finally arrived somewhere. At least If you can call Salisbury Maryland somewhere. But this is the start of many big, scary, who-knows-what changes. Tomorrow I start training for Piedmont Airlines, or as I prefer, US Airways Express (sounds cooler).
Before I left this morning I was sooooo nervous. I didn't know what to expect or if I would be ready for this big task. But as I neared my destination and started meeting the guys and gals that I would be training with I felt much more comfortable with were I am. I still don't know what to expect but I think things will be good.
Tomorrow is the first day. We do paperwork, get ID badges and employee numbers, do some fire training, meet some "big wig" of the company, and even get sized for uniforms. Who knows what else will happen. Then, I think, its another night in the Microtel Suites and then off to Charlotte for the nasty difficult and intense training. But it will be fun.
So all in all, I'm sure excited to be here and doing this. Its what I always wanted and it is so amazing that I am actually here.

till next time....

No comments: