Wednesday, November 14, 2007

...Next time.


Well it has been much to long, but I am back with another post of whats going on. I'm currently sitting in Charlotte in my hotel room, bored out of my mind. I have checked every email, web page, forum, and sports site and now am back to this. But at least this is better than nothing.
The past four weeks have been a rush. I have put more information in my head these past weeks than probably ever in my life. Ground school is over but the fire hose of information has not stopped. Now its only harder with the simulator attached to all the information. But all has been good so far and honestly has not been as hard as I expected. Yes it has been tough, and harder than probably anything I have done before, but nothing that I cannot handle. Now it is up to my flying skills and decision making to go on to the next step. So far so good but still a long way to go.

Ground School
After our amazing trip to Salisbury we flew right to Charlotte and became comfortable with our new surrounding, the Homestead Suites. It is nice, we lucked out and got our own rooms (we were supposed to share for ground school.) Class was not to bad. Chris Jones, our instructor, was cool and made the fire hose of information bearable. His stories of "the real flying" were always a nice distraction from the FOM and POH and systems manual. Great reads! The test came fast, FOM test on Friday, Limitations test on Monday, system on Friday, and finally procedures and flows the next Friday. It was hard, but several hours of studying each night (sometimes more) made it all possible. The guys and gals in my class were for the most part pretty cool, fun to hang out with people. We did lots of group study sessions and went out to eat together. In class we had fun and got along, making those long lectures on Section 3585 bearable. Some people had troubles but we worked together and all made it. Before we knew it it was over. We all passed and moved onto the simulators...

No comments: