Monday, December 10, 2007

Gear up!




I am loving flying right now! Yes, mostly because it is all new and crazy. Just flying is just fun! The other day, Saturday we went on a little tour of the East coast. Departing from New Bern we flew up to Philadelphia, then a short little flight to Washington DC.

Yes that is the capitol building, if I had more time I could have taken more shots of other cool buildings but we were on final to land :)

Then another quick trip from DC to Raleigh, NC. Flying over Virginia you could see so many sights. We even flew right over Charlottesville, my soon to be home!

Ya, it surprised me as well how small it was. But I am ok with that.
With a quick break in Raleigh, onto Charlotte. Cruising at 21,000 feet, the sunsets are amazing, I may have to start a separate blog with pictures of the sunsets. They are amazing when you are between cloud layers and the suns light bounces each and every way. This was my first sunset.

Well, we landed in Charlotte and had a nice two hour layover, ate some Chilis fajitas and then began our late night flight back to New Bern. We landed there just before midnight and dang was I tired. That Hampton Inn never felt so good! But that was just one day, many many more are to follow. Im sure it will get a little more normal, but seeing the sunsets and stars will never grow old.
Peace

No comments: